Strawberry-Blue Cheese Steak Salad Recipe
Get all the flavors, textures and colors tonight with Strawberry-Blue Cheese Steak Salad. Mix together a little red fruit and a little red meat in with fresh greens and blue cheese! Strawberries are not just dessert items; they are jam-packed with vitamin C and pair deliciously with crumbly blue cheese and lightly-toasted walnuts. This light but filling meal includes tang, sweetness, crunch, crumble and crisp, who wouldn’t like that?! Get the ingredients this week at Fresh!
Strawberry-Blue Cheese Steak Salad
- Total: 30 mins
- Servings: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- 289 calories
- 15g fat (4g saturated fat)
- 52mg cholesterol
- 452mg sodium
- 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber)
- 29g protein.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetables, 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (about 10 cups) or spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steak; cook 5-7 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into bite-sized strips; toss with lime juice.
- On a platter, combine romaine, strawberries and onion; top with steak. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette.
- To toast nuts, cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
If you’re looking to trim calories, leave off the walnuts and blue cheese; they’re adding almost 40 calories per serving.
Want more texture? Add avocado!