Spiced Lime-Marinated Eye of Round Steak Recipe
With a great hint of Cuban flavors, this Spiced Lime-Marinated Eye of Round Steak recipe has a brightness from the lime and a spice from the cumin. The steak is tender and flavorful when marinated and grilled to a perfect medium-rare. Serve the steaks with your favorite side of grilled potatoes, fresh asparagus, or sweet corn for a well-balanced meal.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (Limes are 5 for $2, this week at Fresh Madison)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 (8-ounce) beef eye of round steaks, about 1-inch thick ($5.00 per lb. of Angus Pride Boneless Eye of Round Steak, this week at Fresh Madison)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Make the marinade by combining lime juice, salt, garlic powder, cumin, pepper, and coriander.
- Use a fork to deeply prick the steaks all over on both sides.
- Place the steaks in a resalable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the steaks, making sure to coat them well. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Heat an outdoor grill, indoor grill, or grill pan on the stovetop and remove the steaks from the marinade.
- Place the steaks on a hot grill (or grill pan that has been very lightly coated with cooking spray) and cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy whole or sliced against the grain.