Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe
This Slow Cooker Whole Chicken recipe is a rotisserie style seasoned chicken made in a crockpot! This super easy dinner option will leave delicious leftovers to enjoy for days after. This recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare. Get it ready in the morning, and you will have a juicy and flavorful bird waiting for you when you come home.
- 5 lb whole chicken neck and giblets removed ($5.99 Fresh Just Bare Whole Chicken this week at Fresh)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika.
- Coat a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Roll a piece heavy duty aluminum foil into a ring shape to fit into the slow cooker as a rack.
- Place the chicken on top of the foil ring. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers at 165 degrees or higher.
- Transfer the chicken to a sheet pan or baking dish and broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until chicken skin is brown and crispy. Serve.