Sausage and Avocado Breakfast Burrito
A breakfast burrito is one of the best ways to pack a big breakfast into a small, handheld package. This recipe is one of the most popular items at the website The Recipe Critic. It’s easy to put together and loaded with fresh breakfast favorites.
Your shopping list for this recipe:
- 1 package roll of Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage (On sale this week, 2 for $6)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 large burrito-sized tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 bunch of Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 large Hass avocado (Pick up 5 for $5 this week only)
- 1 and 1/4 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup full-fat regular mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the sausage until just browned through. Add in the diced red bell pepper and sauté for another few minutes until the peppers are crisp and tender. Remove from the skillet and divide this mixture evenly among the four tortillas.
- In the same skillet (drain any grease), add in the eggs, milk, and salt + pepper to taste. Scramble the eggs to desired doneness and again divide the eggs evenly among the 4 tortillas.
- Coarsely chop up the parsley and dice the green onions. Add an even amount to each tortilla.
- Thinly slice the avocado and add 1/4th of it to each tortilla.
- Divide the cooked white rice evenly among the tortillas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and Sriracha with a dash of salt + pepper. Pour this mixture on top of each burrito (to taste) and tightly roll up the burritos.