Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Fall is the excuse to enjoy everything pumpkin! Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cookies, and even delicious pumpkin muffins. This Pumpkin Muffin recipe embodies the spice flavor and warm texture of the fall season into a muffin. These muffins stay moist for up to 5 whole days, but don’t worry, they won’t last that long! In just a half an hour, you will be enjoying a fluffy muffin, or two, or three!
- 1 and 2/3 cups (230g) all-purpose flour ($1.89 of Our Family Flour 5lb bag at Fresh)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (Our Family Eggs – Free Item this week at Fresh)
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable or canola oil
- 1 and 1/4 cups (285g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh) (5 for $5 of Our Family Canned Pumpkin this week at Fresh Madison)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar and brown sugar until combined. Ad oil and whisk until combined. Add pumpkin and milk and whisk until combined. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and mix gently just until combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 16-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These muffins stay moist for up to 5 days. Keep them in the fridge in an airtight container. Bring them to room temperature before serving. The muffins can also be frozen for up to 2 months.