Pulled BBQ Crockpot Chicken Recipe
Easy, quick, and flavorful – what more could you ask for in a meal? This Pulled BBQ Crockpot Chicken recipe is perfect for any party, potluck, picnic, or a night with the whole family. The delicious aroma of the flavors cooking together in the crockpot will fill your home all day long! Essentially foolproof, you will easily impress your guests with this dish. Just pair it with your favorite comfort-food as a side, like Kraft’s Macaroni & Cheese (99¢ per box, this week at Fresh Madison).
- 3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast¹ (1.5kg) (2 for $10 of Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – 2.5lb. bag, this week at Fresh)
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's) (3 for $4 of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- ¼ cup light or dark brown sugar packed (60g)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼-½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- For a side (optional) Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (99¢ per box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- Combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper in the basin of a slow cooker
- Place chicken breast in sauce and use a spoon to cover with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours. Chicken is done when it is easily shredded with a pair of forks.
- Shred chicken and stir well to coat with BBQ sauce. Serve.