One Pan Cheesy Chicken Pasta Dish Recipe
This One Pan Cheesy Chicken Pasta Dish makes the perfect dinner to make when you want to make something quick. It’s so easy to make, and only takes about 30 minutes, and takes only one pan to make. It’s packed full of great flavors, with a creamy cheesy sauce that everyone will die for! It is extra creamy, extra cheesy, and extra delicious. This one pan cheesy chicken pasta is just the answer for your busy weeknight.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion ($1.99 for 6oz. of Yellow Diced Onions, this week at Fresh Madison)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size) (2 for $10 Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, this week at Fresh Madison)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups penne noodles (2 for $3 of Barilla Pasta in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh Madison)
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Italian cheese (divided) (2 for $5 Crystal Farms Shredded Cheese in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh Madison)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add 2 TBS olive oil.
- Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until transparent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red pepper and sauté for a minute or two, stirring 1 or 2 times.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown. Turning to brown on each side but don't cook the chicken thoroughly (that will happen while cooking the penne).
- Add the chicken broth and then the penne noodles.
- Add all the spices and stir in.
- Bring to a boil and cook until penne is al dente (follow the instructions on the packaging). Stirring occasionally, put the lid on if necessary, to not let it dry out.
- Once the penne is al dente, lower the temperature and then add the Greek yogurt and cream cheese. Stir until all is mixed in and it makes a creamy sauce.
- Finally add 1 cup of the Sargento Chef Blend shredded 6 Cheese Italian, stir in, and let melt.
- Serve warm sprinkling the remaining 1/4 cup of 6 Cheese Italian on top of your individual plates.