Homemade Guacamole…with Strawberries?
This week at Fresh Madison Market, we have Haas avocados on sale, 3 for $4. Along with Matilda Tortilla Chips and limes, we figured you could make your own guac at home. But what about those amazing strawberries that are free with your $15 purchase? Yep…we’re including those, too!
This recipe at Simply Recipes caught our attention:
First, your shopping list:
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded (seeHow to Cut and Peel an Avocado)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice (Fresh limes are 5 for $2)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup chopped cored strawberries (FREE with a $15 purchase)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries (omit for paleo version)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
Mash the avocados: Gently mash the flesh of the avocadoes with a fork. Don’t overdo it!
Add lime juice, salt, onion, strawberries, dried cranberries, cilantro: Don’t use all the strawberries here, you’ll need some for the top later.
Adjust salt and lime juice to taste
Top with more strawberries and serve! Don’t forget to pick up Matilda Tortilla Chips, 2 14-ounce bags for just $5
Bonus: If this recipe isn’t your thing, don’t worry! We have ready-made guacamole for $3.99 in a 10.9 ounce container!