Have Dinner Already Ready!
Some places have sales just to get items out of the store. When we put a special price on something, it’s because we know it’s at its peak of freshness, and when you bring them all together, you get a great meal! This is the time of year for heartier veggies like yams and brussel sprouts. This week is a great week to visit Fresh Madison Market and start building some meal prep boxes. See how easy it is with this great idea that gets high marks at Tasty:
One Pan Chicken Veggie Meal Prep
Shopping list for this recipe:
- Broccoli (Green Giant Steamers are just 3 for $5)
- Fresh brussel sprouts ($1.99/lb)
- Southern yams (89¢/lb)
- Organic carrots ($2.49 for 2lbs)
- Gerber Amish fresh bone-in split chicken breast ($1.99/lb)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Cut vegetables. Place each in a separate corner of a baking pan lined with parchment paper (NOTE: Broccoli and Brussels sprouts cook faster, keep the cuts thicker for those. Sweet potato and carrots take more time - dice them, or cut them thinner).
- Season veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and garlic.
- Season both sides of the chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining rosemary, thyme, and garlic over parchment paper.
- Seal parchment paper to keep chicken moist, and place on the center of the baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and veggies are done to your liking.
- This meal works great with brown rice, so feel free to add some to your meal prep as well.
- Unwrap and slice the chicken.
- Separate veggies into each tupperware with chicken.
- NOTE: If using plastic tupperware, allow food to cool down first
- Can be refrigerated up to 4 days.
Meal prep is a great way to save time during the week and with other delicious meats available, like salmon and scallops, you’ll never be without variety!