Garlic Butter Creamed Corn Chicken With Bacon Recipe
Garlic butter, creamed corn, bacon, oh my! This easy-to-make Garlic Butter Creamed Corn Chicken dish is prepared in under an hour and perfect for a cozy, summer night dinner. With crispy bacon as the base, so much flavor is packed into this one skillet recipe! After you sear the chicken, the corn is prepared with butter, garlic and herbs until it is golden. Adding a little white wine and letting the chicken simmer until cooked through will smell up the house and have the whole family come running! Pick-up already seasoned chicken breasts, on sale now at Fresh, to speed up the cooking process and eat sooner than expected! Don’t miss out on this mouthwatering skillet dinner dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (2 for $10 of 24oz. Just Bare Seasoned Chicken Breasts this week)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped ($5.99 16oz. Cloverdale Bacon this week)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed from cob (5 for $2 of Bi Color Corn this week)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, canned full fat coconut milk, or whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or Asiago cheese
- fresh basil
1. Rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the chicken and toss to coat, adding more flour if needed to cover the chicken.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain onto paper towels.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, corn, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook another 5 minutes or until the corn is golden.
5. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine and 1/2 cup water. Add the chicken back to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan, cook another few minutes until warmed through. Remove from the heat and top with bacon.
5. Serve the chicken topped with fresh thyme and basil. Enjoy!