Easy Taco Dip Recipe
With football season kicking off, this Easy Taco Dip is the perfect appetizer for game day! This dip is packed with flavor, made with a cream cheese and sour cream base, and is then topped off with traditional taco toppings everyone is going to love! Pair it with tortilla chips and you’ll be going back for more before you know it!
- 16 oz brick-style cream cheese softened to room temperature (2 for $3 of Our Family Cream Cheese this week)
- 2 cups sour cream (2 for $5 of Daisy’s Sour Cream 24oz. this week)
- 4 Tablespoons taco seasoning (this is a 1 oz packet of premade taco seasoning or you can use your favorite homemade recipe) (30g)
- 1 cup finely chopped lettuce (2 for $6 of Romaine Hearts this week)
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, chopped into small pieces ($1.29 /lb. or Slicing Tomatoes this week)
- 1/2 cup sliced olives (65g)
- sliced jalapenos, pickled or fresh for topping, optional
- 1 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican cheese (2 for $5 of Crystal Farms Shredded Cheese this week in assorted varieties)
- Corn chips for serving
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl and stir together until creamed and well-combined (I like to use my electric mixer just to make sure there are no lumps).
- Add taco seasoning and stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9-10" pie dish.
- Top mixture with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, olives, jalapenos (if using) and finally evenly sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Taco dip can be served immediately or can be covered and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.