Easy Pumpkin Pie
This week, we’re going to help you make a pumpkin pie…and the expression “easy as pie” certainly applies to this one! Straight from the kitchens of Taste of Home, we’re going to use Our Family Pie Crusts, on special this week, 2 for $4, and Our Family canned pumpkin, only 99-cents for a 15 oz. can.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned Our Family pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Our Family pie crust (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- Beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth in a large bowl; pour into pie crust. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.