Easy-Peasy Sandwiches of Summer (and a pasta salad side)!
This week at Fresh Madison Market, we offer you all you need for fresh-and-delicious sandwiches. Easy to make, easy to take, and a thousand times better than hitting up a drive-thru! Bring together Dietz & Watson pepper and garlic turkey breast (only $9.99/lb) with Cady Creek sharp cheddar cheese ($6.99/lb) and some fresh tomatoes still on the vine ($.99/lb), and you’re out the door with the perfect lunch.
Our bright bell peppers in red, yellow, or orange, are just 2 for $3 and are the star of this great pasta salad from AllRecipies.com:
Here’s your shopping list:
• 16 oz rotini pasta
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice
• 2 tbsp chili powder
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 ½ cups whole kernel corn
• 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
• ½ cup of diced green bell pepper
• ½ cup diced red bell pepper
• ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
Now, let’s put it all together:
• Cook pasta and rinse (approx. 8 to 10 mins, drain).
• Combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic.
• Stir in pasta and let cool to room temperature
• Stir in corn, beans, red & green peppers, and ½ of the cilantro.
• Serve chilled or at room temperature and garnish with tomatoes and remaining cilantro