Chex Mix Muddy Buddies Recipe
Could this be one of the easiest (and most welcome) snacks at holiday parties? It’s delicious Chex Mix riding along with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. You might call it “Puppy Chow,” when you’re in the General Mills kitchens, it goes by it’s other name: Muddy Buddies™! It’s a recipe you can whip up in no time, and Chex Mix is also on sale this week: 2 for $5!
Here's all you need:
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Putting it all together is super easy:
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.