Bread and Celery Stuffing Recipe
Stuffing is one of the best complements to a big Thanksgiving dinner, and this easy creation is one of the highest-rated recipes on AllRecipes.com
Here’s your shopping list:
- 1 (1 pound) loaf sliced white bread
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
The next part is so easy you’ll wonder why you haven’t made homemade stuffing before!
- Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into cubes.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until soft. Season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated. Moisten with chicken broth; mix well.
- Chill, and use as a stuffing for turkey, or bake in a buttered casserole dish at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.