6 Tips to Keep your Resolutions
It’s a story that happens each year. You have the best intentions, but the resolution just doesn’t stick. Based on a recent article from PsychCentral, here are 6 ways to keep your resolutions on track
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to change your whole world (yet). Pick out 2 or 3 things that you feel are most important and start there
- Be realistic. It would be fun to be the King of Denmark, but let’s go after some bite-sized goals. For example, if you are trying to lose weight, 1 to 2 pounds a week is what most people can expect. Little changes each day can make big changes before 2018 is over.
- What’s your time frame? Deadlines make great motivators. Pick a date, and move forward in that direction.
- Track your progress. See how it’s going in 3 weeks. And again in 6. You may find you’re way ahead of schedule, or perhaps you need to go a bit faster.
- Employ your friends. Get a trusted friend to check in on you and give you a little nudge when you need it.
- Don’t give up. Don’t get discouraged. You will probably find yourself slipping into old habits from time to time. That will happen! Be kind to yourself and move back on track.
There’s no one best way to do this, and it will take some trial and error. But, just considering the ideas above should help get you closer to your goal. Have a Happy New Year!