Turkey Leftovers Casserole Recipe
Thanksgiving is a time for great company and even better food. This Turkey Leftovers Casserole recipe is the perfect thing you need after the holidays to ensure none of that good food goes to waste! Let your leftovers take care of dinner for you after the big family feast. It is a great way to use your turkey leftovers and eat a meal that is just as delicious as the original!
- 1 pkg. (24 oz.) Mashed Potatoes ($3.29 for 5 lb. bag, of Dole Red Potatoes, this week at Fresh)
- 1/4 cup butter (2 for $6 of Land O Lakes, in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery (2 for $3 of Sleeved Celery, this week at Fresh)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots ($1.99 Baby Carrots, this week at Fresh Madison)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (2 for $3 for Yellow Onions, 3 lb. bag, this week at Fresh)
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Turkey (2 for $4 Stove Top Stuffing, in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey (79 cents per lb. with $25 purchase, of Open Acres Frozen Turkey, this week at Fresh)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream, divided (2 for $4 of Daisy Sour Cream in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, cubed, softened
- 1-1/2 cups Shredded Swiss Cheese ($6.99 of Our Family Shredded Cheese, in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Microwave potatoes (Do not mash.)
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Stir in celery, carrots and onions; cook 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add broth and stuffing mix; mix well. Spread onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Combine turkey, soup, 1/4 cup sour cream, cranberries and garlic powder; spread over stuffing layer in baking dish.
5. Place potatoes in large bowl. Add cream cheese and remaining sour cream; mash until ingredients are well blended and potatoes are mashed to desired consistency. Spread over turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake 30 to 35 min. or until heated through.