Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
August 17, 2020
Get the best of both worlds with this incredibly flavorful Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Stir Fry recipe. A skillet full of sautéed shrimp tossed in a spicy barbecue sauce with sweet chunks of pineapple and red peppers is sure to have the family come running! This whole meal comes together in less than 15 minutes, so start some rice cooking before you start the shrimp and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time. Quick and easy to prepare, this is the perfect outdoor, summertime meal!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined ($11.99 for Cornerstone Cooked Shrimp 32oz. this week)
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh pineapple sliced and cut bite-size or (1) 14 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained ($5.99 Pineapple Chunks 16oz. this week)
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped into bite-size pieces ($3.99 for Tri Color Peppers 3ct. this week)
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce or your favorite spicy store-bought sauce
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. In a large skillet, over high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the shrimp and spread across the pan in a single layer. Let it cook without touching it for about 1 minute. Flip the shrimp over and cook an additional minute. When the shrimp is light pink and cooked through, remove to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and add a drizzle of oil to the hot pan. Toss the peppers in the oil and let them cook until they are slightly browned and barely softened, about 2 minutes. Add the pineapple, toss with the peppers, and let it soften slightly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce, stir, and increase the heat to high. When it starts to simmer, return the shrimp to the pan, toss everything together to coat well, and cook for about a minute as the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and add the green onions. Serve by itself or over rice. Enjoy!