St Louis BBQ Sauce
Every city from Phoenix to Cleveland has its own take on barbecue sauce. But it’s been said that the city of St. Louis consumes more barbecue sauce per capita than any other city. We won’t ever solve the debate of which city has the “best” sauce, but since St. Louis Style Pork Spare Ribs are on special this week for just $2.49/lb, let’s pair them with the sauce made famous by the Gateway City.
To make St. Louis style barbecue sauce, we turn to this 5-star recipe from Genius Kitchen
Here’s all you’ll need:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- For best results, store in refrigerator for 24 hours before using.