Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Never eat dry corn beef again on St. Patrick’s Day with this mouthwatering slow-cooker recipe! Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is an easy, instant success. If the 5-star reviews aren’t enough to convince you, the secret ingredient in this recipe is beer because beer makes everything taste better. Serve it with a side of bread for a warm and satisfying meal to feed the whole family.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered ($2.99 for a 5 lb. bag of Red Potatoes this week at Fresh)
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (79 cents per lb. of Sweet Onions this week at Fresh)
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet ($3.99 per lb. of Open Acres Corned Beef Brisket this week)
- 6 ounces beer ($7.99 for a 6-pack of Guinness beer this week at Fresh)
- ½ head cabbage, coarsely chopped (59 cents per lb. of Cabbage this week at Fresh)
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
- Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.