Shrimp Tortellini Alfredo Recipe
This rich and creamy Shrimp Tortellini Alfredo is the perfect dinner dish for the whole family! Just the aroma alone from the homemade Alfredo sauce poured over golden shrimp and cheese-filled tortellini will have your mouth watering. This pasta dish is easy to prepare and only takes half an hour, you’ll be going back for seconds in no time.
- 2 packages 9 ounces each refrigerated cheese tortellini ($3.29 for Our Family Pasta in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- ¼ cup butter ($2.99 for Challenge Butter, this week at Fresh)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces Chive and Onion cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese ($1.79 for Our Family Shredded or Chunk Cheese, this week at Fresh)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package 12 ounces frozen, small cooked shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails off) ($6.99 for Open Acres Cooked Tail On Shrimp, this week at Fresh)
1. In a large pot of salted water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, add butter, heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir and
simmer until butter and cream cheese has melted.
3. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes
or until thick and creamy.
4. Meanwhile, run cold water over frozen cooked shrimp to thaw completely. Add thawed shrimp
to Alfredo sauce in skillet. Stir gently.
5. Pour cooked, drained tortellini into skillet. Gently stir to coat pasta and shrimp. Garnish with
parsley, if desired. Serve and enjoy!