Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo the right way! These 5-star rated Shrimp Tacos are the perfect Mexican-inspired meal to have with a great group of friends on a warm spring or summer day! After only 20 minutes of preparation, you’ll be enjoying flavorful tacos in no time. Just read the 5-star reviews and ensure you make enough for your guests because they will be coming back for seconds, and thirds!
- 1 lb. shelled deveined uncooked medium shrimp ($6.99 for 16oz. of Open Acres Cooked Tail on Shrimp, this week at Fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1-oz. pkg.) (3 for $2 of McCormick Taco Seasoning, this week at Fresh)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (79 cents per Lime, this week at Fresh)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced (99 cents per Avocado, this week at Fresh)
- 1 (4.6-oz.) pkg. (12 shells) Old El Paso™ Taco Shells
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (99 cents per lb. of Roma Tomatoes, this week at Fresh)
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa (2 for $4 of Pace Picante Sauce or Salsa in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- Shredded cheese *optional (3 for $5 of Our Family Shredded Cheese in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- Sour cream *optional (2 for $6 of Daisy Sour Cream in assorted varieties, this week at Fresh)
- In medium bowl, combine shrimp, taco seasoning mix, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet, place on plate. Cook remaining juices in skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Return shrimp to skillet; stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, toss avocado with remaining tablespoon lime juice. Spoon shrimp mixture into taco shells. Top each with lettuce, avocado and tomato. Serve with salsa.