Kiwi Berry Smoothie Recipe
Just as delicious as it is pretty, this Kiwi Berry Smoothie is the perfect drink for a warm spring day! This recipe uses frozen fruit that makes for the perfect smoothie texture once mixed. Filled with great nutrients and antioxidants, make sure you make enough for the whole family!
- 16 fresh or frozen strawberries (2 for $7 Driscoll Strawberries 16oz., this week at Fresh)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries ($3.99 for a pint of Driscoll Blueberries, this week at Fresh)
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled and cut into large pieces (4 Kiwis for $2, this week at Fresh)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey or to taste
- 2 teaspoons flax seed optional
- 3/4 cup crushed or cubed ice
- To a blender- strawberries, blueberries, kiwi fruit, yogurt, flax seed (optional), honey and ice. Blend until smooth.
- If using frozen berries or if the smoothie is too thick, add just a little liquid at a time (such as water, almond milk, orange juice) until it is at the desired consistency.
- Do a taste test to see if more sweetness is needed. If so, add more honey and use the pulse setting to mix.
- Serve immediately while it's ice cold.