Keep the “holiday” pounds off
It may seem “inevitable” that you’ll add some weight this time of year. More sweets, bigger meals, and empty calories from alcohol. But, according to Active.com, there are some easy things you can do to keep the calories in check. Some ideas include:
1. Keep your sleep and exercise routine. You’re likely to get busy, and that will likely add stress. Our body’s default is to go for food. A regular schedule can keep that away.
2. Alcohol. The “empty calories” in alcohol are a big culprit in holiday weight gain. Try a glass of water between alcoholic drinks to temper those calories.
3. Eat before the party. A modest and healthy meal before you go to a party will keep the temptations away.
4. Make friends with the veggie tray. It’s usually the one nobody is standing around, so go for it!
5. Choose protein. Protein like lean meats, seafood, chicken, turkey, eggs, yogurt and low-fat cheeses will help you feel full.
Bonus: Be nice to yourself. Hey, we all have days when we go a bit overboard. Don’t stress about it, just hop back to your routine, and have a healthy holiday!