How to Make Yams for Thanksgiving
Are yams on your Thanksgiving menu? Do you need some assistance on the basic making of yams? Yams are available throughout the year, but the best season for yams are the winter months. When you purchase yams, look for small to medium yams that are even, firm and without any soft spots.
How to Bake a Yam
·Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
· Prick the yams with a fork.
· Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until yams are tender.
· Cut an X in the top of each yam and press on the skin to push the flesh upward.
· Serve with butter, brown sugar, and/or cinnamon.
How to Microwave Yams
· To microwave whole yams: Prick the scrubbed yams all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning the yams once.