There’s something special about getting the first watermelon of the season. It’s the sign of warmer days to come, picnics, and family reunions. Now, there’s never anything wrong with just cutting into a fresh watermelon and enjoying it just as is. But this week, let’s try something new. Here’s a sweet, healthy, and absolutely delicious way to enjoy watermelon.
First, here’s your shopping list:
- 4 cups freshly chopped or scooped watermelon (Our seedless watermelons are just $4.99 each)
- 1 cup cucumber (peeled & chopped or scooped)
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped thinly
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar or honey or maple syrup
- lemon/lime juice (optional)
- Mix together olive oil, salt, pepper and sweetener (add lemon juice here, if desired)
- Next, combine watermelon, cucumber, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno in a large bowl.
- Add dressing just before you serve