Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks Recipe
Enjoy a healthy “fried” bird to kick off 2022! Avoid the extra calories and messy grease but still savor the satisfying *crunch* of fried chicken. The easy, ‘Southern Living magazine approved’ recipe of Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks is a click away with only 8 ingredients and 45 minutes prep & cook time. This week chicken drumsticks are on sale at Fresh, making this recipe even more appetizing!
Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Total: 45 mins
- Servings: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 drumsticks)
- 3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed (2/$5 Kellogg’s Special K Cereal, this week at Fresh)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2/$4 Our Family Shredded Cheese, this week at Fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb.), skinned ($1.59 per lb. Gold’n Plump Fresh Chicken Drumsticks, this week at Fresh)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Dip 2 drumsticks in buttermilk, and place in bag. Seal and shake well, coating drumsticks completely. Place drumsticks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining drumsticks. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture evenly over drumsticks on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until drumsticks are well browned and done. Serve immediately.