Corned Beef Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Taking everything from a traditional corned beef cabbage dinner and turning it into a delicious stuffed pepper recipe, this is the perfect meal to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with! These Corned Beef Stuffed Peppers are loaded with juicy slow cooked corned beef, spicy peppers, Swiss cheese, and even Thousand Island Dressing. Just top it off with a little Sauerkraut to give these peppers an extra pop of flavor. This dinner is perfect to eat fresh or the next day as leftovers!
- 2 bell peppers (3 for $4 of Red, Yellow, or Orange Peppers this week at Fresh)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage (59 cents per lb. of Cabbage this week at Fresh)
- 1 small onion chopped (2 for $3 for a 3lb. bag of Yellow Onions this week at Fresh)
- 1 habanero pepper – or use a milder pepper if desired
- 2 cloves garlic
- Dash of olive oil
- 10-12 ounces cooked corned beef chopped or shredded ($3.99 per lb. of Open Acres Corned Beef this week at Fresh)
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 for $5 of Crystal Farms Shredded or Chunk Cheese in assorted varieties this week at Fresh)
- 3-4 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing plus more for serving (2 for $6 of Ken’s Salad Dressing in assorted varieties this week at Fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add cabbage, onion, and habanero pepper with a bit of olive oil. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add garlic and cooked corned beef and stir. Cook a couple minutes more to heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese and Thousand Island Dressing. Try this Homemade Thousand Island Dressing Recipe or use any store-bought brand.
- Slice open bell peppers lengthwise and remove the cores.
- Spoon in your cabbage-corned beef mixture into each pepper and set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with extra Thousand Island Dressing. Enjoy!