Cheez-It Crusted Chicken Recipe
Turn your favorite snack food into a delicious comfort food meal! This Amazing Crusted Chicken recipe is oven fried with crushed Cheez-It crackers for the perfect salty crunch to your chicken. Made with mayonnaise, fried onions, and toasted sesame seeds for added flavor and texture. The nearly 5-star reviews all rave about the amazing flavor of this crusted chicken!
- 2 cups of as Cheez-Its®, crushed (Free box with any $25 purchase this week at Fresh)
- 1 cup French-fried onions, crushed
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed, toasted
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut in half ($2.49 per lb. of Golden Plump Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts this week at Fresh)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise ($4.29 for Hellmann’s Mayo in assorted varieties this week at Fresh)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix cheese-flavored crackers, French-fried onions, Italian breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Wash and pat chicken breasts dry. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each piece and place mayonnaise-side down in the cracker mixture. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the other side of the chicken and cover with the cracker mixture, patting firmly into the chicken. Place chicken breasts on the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cracker mixture on top; lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 35 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).