Beer Chaser Brat Hot Tub
Straight from the pros at Johnsonville comes one of their more popular recipes. This one is full of butter, beer, and of course Johnsonville Brats. Remember, Johnsonville Brats in a 12-14 ounce package are FREE this week at Fresh Madison Market!
Let’s get started!
Your shopping list:
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Firecracker Spicy Sausage or JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 each red, orange and yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 4-5 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 1 heavy duty foil baking pan (14-in. x 10-in. x 3-in.)
- 10 brat buns
Now let’s put this masterpiece together!
- Place foil baking pan over medium heat on a gas or charcoal grill, add butter. Grill until butter is melted.
- Add the onion and peppers; cover with foil and grill 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Add beer; hold, uncovered, on grill.
- Grill brats according to package directions.
- When brats are cooked, place in “hot tub.”
- Serve brats with peppers and onions on a bun.