Beef and Broccoli Recipe
March 28, 2022
Skip the Chinese take out, and make it yourself! Beef and Broccoli doesn’t get better than tender slices of boneless round steak that are oh so juicy and flavorful and then slathered in savory soy, ginger, garlic sauce. The rich flavor of the meat and sauce is complemented by broccoli florets and steaming rice. This recipe is incredibly easy with very few steps. You can have dinner ready in the time it takes to order and wait for delivery!
Steak and broccoli are on sale this week at Fresh, and we have all other ingredients available. See you soon!
Beef and Broccoli
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- 178 calories
- protein 19.2g
- carbohydrates 19g
- fat 3.2g
- cholesterol 38.6mg
- sodium 755mg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless round steak, cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- Pinch of red flakes (optional)
- Option: marinate steak in ginger, garlic, soy sauce and a small amount of beef broth.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, sugar, and soy sauce. Stir until sugar and flour are dissolved.
- Add broccoli to hot, boiling water. Turn off the stove and cover it with a lid. Let it sit for a minute before draining.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, saute onions, add in and stir beef 2 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Stir in broth mixture, ginger, garlic, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.