Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
Use those pretty Easter eggs for a different kind of avocado toast–Avocado Egg Salad! With a tasty twist to the classic egg salad, this Avocado Egg Salad recipe takes all the main ingredients, and lessens the amount of mayonnaise. Keep the small texture pieces like the celery and herbs that pair oh so nicely with chopped boiled eggs. When mixing the avocado and mayonnaise, the mixture keeps the moisture and creaminess, but lessens the unnecessary sugar and calories. Another healthy switch up–trade the mayo for Greek yogurt!
Keep it chunky, when you mix all the ingredients to keep the different texture elements for a delicious sandwich or open-faced sandwich. A different way of eating egg salad, scoop the mixture onto a cracker or sliced cucumber! Most egg salads are best eaten on the day of creation.
What is your favorite way to eat egg salad?
Easy Avocado Egg Salad
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Servings: 2
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories 295
- Protein 14 g
- Carbohydrate 10 g
- Dietary Fiber 5 g
- Total Sugars 2 g
- Total Fat 23 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 374 mg
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise, or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-length celery stalk, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, parsley or dill
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Mash avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Stir in the eggs, celery, and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (Egg salad is best eaten the same day as making it).