January 22, 2018
The talented people at Taste of Home offer up this super easy chicken noodle soup recipe for comfort on cold, cold days.  You’ll need:
January 22, 2018
The iron skillet is the work horse of any kitchen.  It’s the one that your grandmother swore by, and the same one trusted out in the wilderness.  How can one kitchen utensil be so versatile?  First of all, it’s virtually indestructible.  An iron skillet can go from stovetop to oven and back again.  They are naturally non-stick.  When an iron skillet is well seasoned, you can clean it easily and count on them to be ready to go.  Because cast iron is so dense, the heat distributes easily and it holds the heat longer.  It’s definitely one of those cases when the tried-and-true method is always
mother nature hits Florida. Again.
January 14, 2018
Hurricane Irma slammed Florida late in the summer and caused substantial damage to crops.
January 7, 2018
We Midwesterners can tolerate quite a bit.  Humid summers and biting winters are a regular occurrence here.  But, even the heartiest among us could use some simple, and scientific, tips on staying warm.  Loren Greenway is the CEO of the Wilderness Medical Center in Utah and recently told Live Science to remember two key things:  Conduction and convection.
QualiTea
January 7, 2018
Tea has come a long way from the paper packets that Mom would only bring out when you were sick.  “One flavor fits all” has given way to an explosion of combinations from mild & sweet to bold with a bite.  One of the companies behind this tea resurgence is Argo Tea.  They decided that they would hire creative mixologists with nutritionists to bring you something special.  No fake colors or pretend flavors.  Everything in Argo Tea is as perfectly natural as nature made it.  It begins with fresh full tea leaves that are then infused with a collection of fruits, flowers, spices and herbs. 
New Year Resolutions
December 31, 2017
It’s a story that happens each year.  You have the best intentions, but the resolution just doesn’t stick.  Based on a recent article from PsychCentral, here are 6 ways to keep your resolutions on track
December 31, 2017
Funny thing about farming:  It doesn’t happen overnight.  Farmers seem to have a keen understanding of business, too.  They’re in it for the long haul, and they never compromise on quality.  Many of us discovered Bolthouse Farms just a few years ago when their popular line of juices hit the shelves.  But, theirs is a story that goes back over 100 years.  A carrot farm in Grant, Michigan was an overnight success.  If you consider 40 years an “overnight.”  See, that’s how farmers think:  plant the right seeds, play the long game, give back to the Earth.  We’re big believers in that here at Ma
tomato prices
December 24, 2017
Hurricane Irma did extensive damage to farms in Florida this September, and you’ve likely noticed it in the price of produce.  A major source of tomatoes in the south was hit right at planting time.  This delayed planting, which in turn has delayed shipment.  Some prices have jumped more than 200% in the past few weeks as demand has been significantly higher than the supply.  Irma demonstrated quite dramatically how important the crops in Florida are to the entire country.  The good news is:  We’ve seen how the hurricane has also demonstrated the resilience and tenacity of the Florida farme
cookie pizza
December 24, 2017
Research shows that 93% of people love a good pizza.  We’re not sure what’s up with the other 7%, but they’re missing out.  At Fresh Madison Market we have come up with a pizza that we are expecting 100% of the people to like:  Our own bakery cookie pizza.  Now, most people aren’t going to have a cookie pizza for the main course, but we won’t judge you if you do.  We’ve made our cookie pizza to be soft and sharable.  Just one word of caution:  Like any other pizza, it’s going to be tough to stop at just one slice.  In fact, this week we’re giving them away for free with your $17 purchase in
grass fed beef
December 17, 2017
The first thing that is very impressive about grass fed beef is how lean it is.  Beef lovers sometimes struggle between their favorite cut of steak, and watching their own fat intake.  Grass fed beef is substantially lower in fat.

Pages

Archive