Tips for Meal Planning
How many times have you told yourself, “this week, I’m planning out every meal and making life easy on myself,” only to find yourself dashing to the store at the last minute and throwing something together? The popular blog Busy Budgeter came up with some great tips and tricks. Here are some of our favorites:
- Look at the week ahead. Are you working late? Kids have special events happening? Give yourself a break those days and go for convenient foods sold in stores (check out the great options we have at Fresh Madison Market).
- Focus on one meal to start. Get used to planning dinner only and work from there.
- Plan meals with fresh ingredients for earlier in the week.
- Make only one trip to the store, and make it count! Better planning means you’ll save money each month.
- Give yourself a break. It’s ok to eat out once a week. Put that on the calendar and plan around it.
- Once you get the hang of doing it a couple nights a week, add in another day. Then work up to lunches, and so on. Most importantly, start small. Don’t try to do absolutely everything at once!
Busy Budgeter also has a handy form you can use to plan your week. Click here.
As always, if you need any help or ideas, our staff at Fresh Madison Market is here to help!