Peanut Butter Ice Cream Torte
When you’re talking about peanut butter, chocolate, and ice cream all at the same time…you’re talking about a dessert that will be a guaranteed hit. This one comes to us from the folks at Taste of Home, and features items that are on special this week at Fresh Madison Market.
Let’s gather the ingredients:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart Our Family chocolate ice cream, softened (Pick up two 48-ounce tubs for just $6!)
- 1-1/2 cups Jif creamy peanut butter (Two 16 oz jars are just $4)
- 1 quart peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped miniature peanut butter cups
- Place cookies in a food processor. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan; cover and freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate ice cream into crust; cover and freeze until firm. Spread peanut butter over chocolate layer and top with peanut butter ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spread over top of the dessert. Immediately sprinkle with peanut butter cups. Cover and freeze for 1 hour before serving.