Oreo Cookie Balls Recipe
If you think you love Oreo cookies, be prepared to meet your new, favorite dessert! These Oreo Cookie Balls from Delish are essentially chocolate truffles made from crushed up Oreos. Mix the crushed cookies with cream cheese, roll them into round bite size desserts and dunk them into melted chocolate, YUM! You can ultimately top these Oreo cookie balls with sprinkles, coconut flakes, fruit, you name it. Be prepared to eat the entire batch in one sitting, these delicious balls are dangerously delicious and easy to make!
1 (14-oz.) package Oreos (FREE item this wee at Fresh with any $20 purchase)
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened (2 for $4 of Our Family Soft Cream Cheese this week in assorted varieties)
Pinch kosher salt
1 (12-oz.) package chocolate chips, melted
- Use a food processor to crush cookies into fine crumbs.
- Add all but 2 tablespoons crushed cookies to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and and salt and stir until evenly combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, form mixture into small balls and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze until slightly hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Dip frozen balls in melted chocolate until coated and return to baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Freeze until chocolate hardens, about 15 minutes.
These Oreo balls will keep in the fridge in a resealable container up to 1 week.