Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet Recipe
If you’re looking for a warm, comforting, mouthwatering dish for this cold time of year, this Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet recipe is perfect! With only very few ingredients, this Italian-inspired dish is easy and fast to make for the whole family. The only thing that will be leftover is the time to be spent with your loved ones at the table!
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta (2 for $3 for Barilla Pasta this week at Fresh)
- 1 pound ground pork ($1.99 per lb. of Fresh Ground Pork this week at Fresh)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion ($1.99 for Diced Red Onions this week at Fresh)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained (4 for $3 of Our Family Tomatoes this week at Fresh)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled pasta mixture to freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little tomato sauce if necessary.