Healthy Bagels and Fruit Breakfast
If you have a bit of a sweet-tooth at breakfast, but know you need something a bit more substantial than a gas station donut, we have a healthy alternative for you! This great morning treat from SkinnyMs has fruit, protein, and carbs, and will get your day started right! It’s is a great week to try this out since many of the ingredients are on special at Fresh Madison Market!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 ounces Our Family Cream Cheese, softened (This week 3 for $5)
- 2 tablespoons low fat mascarpone (or ricotta) cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 Our Family Bagels, cut in half (99-cents for 5 this week only!)
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 whole kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 10 red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (Buy One Get One Free!)
- 3/4 cup Clementines (3 pound bag, just $3.99)
In a mixing bowl whip together the cream cheese, mascarpone, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and honey. Whip on high speed until light and fluffy. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese on each bagel half. Top the cream cheese on each bagel with remaining fruit ingredients dividing evenly among each. Serve and enjoy!