Doritos Taco Salad Recipe
Only have 20 minutes? Perfect. This fun, fast and easy-to-make recipe is the perfect meal for the whole family. Everyone loves a taco salad but add Doritos chips in the mix and its game over! This Doritos Taco Salad recipe is packed with flavor and completely customizable. Add all your favorite taco toppings, your favorite dressing, and your favorite Doritos flavored chip to spice up your lunch or dinner! There are no limits to what you can add to your Doritos Taco Salad!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey ($3.99 / lb. of Honeysuckle 93% Lean Ground Turkey this week)
- 1 packet (1.25 oz) taco seasoning (4 packs of McCormick Taco Seasoning for $3.00 this week)
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed then chopped (Four 8oz. bags of Dole Shredded Lettuce for $5.00 this week)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 large tomato, seeded then chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 for $5.00 of Crystal Farms Shredded or Chunk Cheese this week)
- 1½ cups nacho cheese Doritos, broken into bite size pieces (Two 11.25 oz. bags of Doritos Tortillas Chips for $5.00 this week)
- 1 cup Catalina dressing OR use your favorite salad dressing (we like to eat this with ranch dressing too)
- Guacamole - optional (2 Hass Avocados for $3.00 this week)
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water called for on packet. Stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let meat cool slightly.
- In a large salad bowl add chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato and cheese. Add slightly cooled ground beef and gently toss to combine everything. Serve now, or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat. (Don't add chips until ready to serve.)
- When ready to serve, add Doritos chips and dressing to salad. Toss to coat. Serve. :-)