Chicken & Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This slow cooker recipe is easy to make and will be ready for you when you get home from work. If you’re time-starved or just starved…this warm and hearty dish will do the trick. We picked some of the ingredients from our specials this week and found this mouth-watering recipe from Healthy-Delicious. Enjoy and tell us what you think about it!
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 slices sugar-free bacon
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- Sea salt and pepper
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and poke them all over with the prongs of a fork. Place them in a slow cooker and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Heat your oven to 400F.
- Add the bacon to a cold skillet set over medium heat. Cook 8 minutes, until beginning to crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and let drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion and broccoli to the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the chicken, paprika, rosemary, salt, and pepper; cook 5-6 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and arrange on a greased baking sheet. Scoop out some of the flesh from each potato to form a shallow boat. Fill each potato with the chicken and broccoli mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, until the potato skins are crisp and the broccoli is lightly charred.