Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies Recipe
Wow your family with a great appetizer before the real meal comes. These Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies will do just that! They are very easy to make and perfect to prepare before your guests arrive because they freeze well. Add a dash of cayenne pepper for an extra spice to compliment the flavor!
- 1 Package of Bacon (2 for $7 of Our Family Sliced Bacon this week at fresh)
- 1 Package of Mini Smokies (2 for $4 of John Morrell Smokies this week at Fresh)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
- Cut Bacon into thirds. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each mini smokie and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine cayenne pepper and brown sugar and roll each smokie in the mixture. (Note: They can be frozen at this point)
- Place on prepared pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip smokies and cook an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy. (Add an extra 5 minutes if baking from frozen).
NOTE: Do not mix the brown sugar with the smokies ON the foil lined pan because the excess brown sugar may burn. Rub the brown sugar on the smokies prior to putting them on the pan