Bacon Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs
If you’re looking for a healthy, flavor-packed sweet and smoky meal then look no further. Sweet C’s Designs Bacon Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs is the perfect savory dish for the whole family. I mean, it is wrapped in bacon and we all know bacon makes everything better! This easy-to-follow recipe offers 19g of protein and only 348 calories per serving! Wow your taste buds and get excited to prepare your dinner just as much as you are excited to eat it!
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 lbs chicken, skinless chicken thighs, boneless (Gold’n Plump Chicken Thighs $1.29/lb. this week)
- .5 lbs bacon (John Morrell Bacon 2 for $7 this week)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- sliced green onions, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
- Lay chicken thighs on a cutting board and season liberally with herb mixture.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon.
- Heat a cast iron pan (or other heavy skillet) on high until hot.
- Add chicken thighs to pan, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Sear on each side about 5 minutes so bacon is browned.
- Remove from pan and add to baking sheet (cooking on a wire rack above the baking sheet is ideal but not essential.)
- Bake until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees, about 15 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove and let rest at least 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, add balsamic to a small pan and heat on medium until reduced by more than half, and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over chicken, top with green onions if desired!