Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
We are in the dairy state after all, is there ever a time you are NOT craving cheese? Well get ready. This Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the perfect summertime cheesy sandwich for a hot summer day! The bacon and avocado compliment the cheese so perfectly in this sandwich that you’ll immediately be craving more. The best part about a grilled cheese is how customizable they can be. Sure, cheese and bread make a great little meal! But adding your favorite ingredients such as avocado, bacon, maybe a slice of tomato and some hot sauce will really make it perfect. Enjoy this simple and delicious easy-to-make meal with the whole family!
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Slices of cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- ½ Avocado from Mexico mashed (99 cents this week at Fresh)
- 3 shakes TABASCO® Sauce
- 3 pieces of bacon cooked ($5.99 for 16oz. of Cloverdale Sliced Bacon this week)
- A tomato slice *optional* ($1.29 per lb. of Arkansas Tomatoes this week)
1. Heat a frying pan to medium low heat.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread and lay buttered side-down on the frying pan. Place slices of cheese on both pieces of bread and cover pan to help melt cheese.
3. Add TABASCO® Sauce to the mashed avocados.
4. Once the bread is golden brown on the buttered sides and the cheese has melted remove from heat, add bacon and guacamole to one piece of bread. Place other pieces of bread on top to make a sandwich.
5. Serve warm!