January 14, 2019
While a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich will get the stamp of approval from most kids, parents are always trying to figure out a way to pack something healthy…and something kids will like.  We searched around for some of the top ideas from parents and nutritionists to give you some fun and healthy options. From EatingWell.com: Pizza Roll Up Bento Lunch
January 14, 2019
If you’re an attorney who happens to love ice cream, but you also happen to have some hypoglycemic diet restrictions, do you give up ice cream?  Absolutely not!  You get in your kitchen and start making it yourself!  That’s the story of Justin Woolverton just eight short years ago.  To get his ice cream fix, he made it himself.  Soon, it became clear that Woolverton wasn’t the only one who loved the idea of having ice cream that didn’t involve blowing up your calorie count for the day.
January 6, 2019
If it seems like many people you know are knocked down with the cold or flu, you’re not imagining it.  The cold and flu season is particularly rough this year, but paying attention to a few things can go a long way to keeping you healthy.
January 6, 2019
Inspired Organics (you may know them simply as “IO”) is a one-of-a-kind company that cares just as much about what’s in food as they care about what isn’t.  That’s what makes their hummus such a unique find.  Every single ingredient is hand selected and they hold themselves to the highest organic standards.  One look at the ingredients and you notice two things:  There’s nothing in there that you don’t want, and virtually every ingredient begins with the word “organic.”  Their traditional hummus is gluten-free, vegan, and Kosher.  It has a clean taste that immediately tells you thi
December 30, 2018
Nothing goes better with our fresh guacamole than tortilla chips.  If you really want to impress your guests, try making these simple homemade chips from Simply Recipes.  These baked chips are easy to make, and are much lower in calories than fried. First, pick up a package of regular corn tortillas.  When cut into wedges, each tortilla will make 6 chips.  You’ll also want Kosher salt ready.
December 30, 2018
Guacamole is a dish that dates back to the Aztecs.  Plentiful avocados in South Central Mexico have been harvested for over 10,000 years.  When the Aztecs first created this simple concoction, they couldn’t have possibly known it would become a staple at parties across North America.  But avocados wouldn’t become popular here until the 1930s when a postal worker named Rudolph Hass received a patent for the seedlings.  You’ll still see Hass Avocados today.  As you continue your holiday celebrations, be sure to stop in our produce department this week and get a 10 ounce container of fresh gua
December 26, 2018
As you put away the decorations next month, it’s a good time to get yourself organized for 2019.  That might sound like a huge task, but if broken down into smaller parts it can make a huge difference. 
December 26, 2018
If you exchange just one bottle of soda for one bottle of water each week, you’ll say goodbye to almost 14,000 calories every year!  Get a good head start on that with a free 24 pack of Our Family brand water!  Outside of air, there’s not too many things your body needs more of than water…and there’s a lot of it out there:  The United States alone gets about 12 trillion gallons of water in precipitation…EVERY DAY!  Although the planet seems to have more water than we could ever use, almost 97% of it salt water found in oceans.  That leaves about 3% that’s drinkable…but most of the fresh wat
December 16, 2018
Kids love making crafts, and they love giving gifts.  This easy home project will keep them busy when school is out and make something adorable to hang on the tree.  This one is part of 25 fun ornament ideas from Better Homes and Gardens. Here’s what you’ll need:
December 16, 2018
Right up there with scrambled eggs & bacon and pancakes & sausage comes another favorite.  A hot cup of coffee and a fresh donut from our bakery.  They may be all guilty pleasures, but you’ve earned it!  You’re in the final days of shopping, you’re getting ready for company coming, and we’d love to give you a little treat.  Come to Fresh Madison Market this week and with your $15 purchase, we’ll give you a hot cup of coffee and a donut made fresh in our bakery…because fresh is the only way we know how to do it!

Pages

Archive